Sunday, April 21, 2024

My first ABC:Re Dev Blog


Hi, this is Glint. 

Welcome to my dev blog!

I'm currently a team helper of Anime Battle Characters: Reborn or ABC:Re for short. I'm glad the founding map author, thomasinow gave me the opportunity to work on this map. I been working on it since 2020. 
  
ABC:Re is an upcoming Warcraft III anime custom map. Uoyalz and I are currently working on the public beta and we are doing our best to make it happen even with the time constrains caused by adulthood

In the early days of Warcraft III modding, most anime maps in Warcraft III are fixated on mainstream manga/anime produced by Shueisha like Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. Warcraft III custom maps in these anime series are too focused on their own content or too Shounen Jump-centric. I personally played most of those maps for fun during my teenage years.      

"MIGU NOT ANIME! LIKE RIMU!"

The Anime Battle Character philosophy is different and the set of characters chosen came from "what an otaku knows" or "what you heard or saw in Japan's Comiket". Things like ZUN's Touhou, Type-Moon's Fate, Crypton Media Future's Piapro characters, and the familiar animes that were broadcast in Asian regions when we are growing up in the late 90s and 2000s are seen in ABC. There is so much variety in the character roster, it is a good way to express and share the anime you liked to others who have Warcraft III installed in their PC. This is how Anime Battle Character differs from the other anime Warcraft III custom maps out there in the early days of 2009 - 2011.

"BRS in action from NaotoKuro's YT video"

ABC is my favorite anime Warcraft III custom map. The best moment I had with this map is having a ABC 1.4.1 LAN party in our college's game development room in 2014.  

The official ABC Facebook page is inactive for a year now. There is a reason why it is like that. Expect Uoyalz to deploy the public beta of the map there at some time. That is all I could say for now about the FB page. 🙇 

The behind the scenes of ABC:Re development will now be featured on this dev blog or in my YouTube channel unless there will be changes in the future. 

Once the public beta is deployed, we will also exposing our official Discord server to the general public for the very first time. 

What will you expect in this dev blog?
  • Providing useful information about the progress of ABC:Re  
  • Expressing my personal take on ABC:Re's direction 
  • Covering the history of ABC
  • Insights about Warcraft III modding related to ABC:Re
  • Showcase tools and algorithms used in ABC:Re
  • Creating new connections or a community who are interested in the map development of ABC:Re
  • Showing anime-themed Warcraft III modding hidden gems
  • Answering questions from commenters or even write a blog about it if necessary  
I hope this dev blog will be worth it for the readers. 








 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My first ABC:Re Dev Blog

"From ABC:Re official Facebook page " Hi, this is Glint.  Welcome to my dev blog! I'm currently a team helper of Anime Battle ...